Site – disclaimer
- For the purposes of this disclaimer, the following terms should be taken to mean:
a. the web page: every web page in which Aureus provides a hyperlink referring to this disclaimer;
b. use (using): includes loading, logging in, requesting, browsing, reading, watching, listening, processing, completing (forms), sending, copying (including temporary copying), saving, forwarding, distributing, using services, performing legal acts (e.g. purchasing, renting);
c. you: the natural or legal person (represented or in person) using the web page;
d. the content: includes texts, images, hyperlinks, sound and/or video fragments and/or other objects;
e. damage: direct or indirect damage of whatever nature, including lost data and other matters, loss of turnover, profit or other economic loss.
f. Active members: the secure, personal part of www.aureus-vu.nl, for the exclusive use of members.
- The following applies to the web page. By using the web page, you are agreeing to this disclaimer.
- Aureus internet pages are only intended to provide information to interested parties. None of the sentences, phrases or images generate any kind of rights or obligations.
- The information, services or products featuring on this website may contain mistakes and may be subject to temporary interruption. Although Aureus does its utmost to ensure that all information, services and products are presented as well and as correctly as possible, Aureus cannot be held liable for any mistakes, defects or other damaging consequences ensuing from the use of this website. Aureus therefore renounces all liability, within the limits set by Dutch law.
- Aureus provides the content of the web page in its actual condition, with no guarantees or safeguards regarding reliability, suitability, correctness or completeness (for a particular aim or otherwise).
- Aureus cannot be held liable for damage caused or at risk of being caused, ensuing from or in any way connected with, using the web page or failure to be able to use the web page.
- Despite Aureus’ best efforts, the information given on these internet pages is not necessarily comprehensive, complete, accurate or up-to-date. Aureus expressly reserves the right at all times and without prior announcement, to post, amend or remove information on or from these internet pages, with or without prior notification. Aureus cannot be held liable for the consequences of amendments.
- Notwithstanding this disclaimer, Aureus cannot be held responsible for registries seemingly linked to the web page by third parties. Linking does not imply approval of said registries.
- Unauthorized or improper use of the web page or its content can constitute a violation of intellectual rights, regulations on privacy, publication and/or communication in the broadest sense of the word. You are responsible for everything you send from the web page.
- Aureus reserves the right to deny you access to the web page and/or use of specific services provided via the web page. Aureus can monitor access to the web page for this purpose.
- Aureus accepts no responsibility for hyperlinks to external web pages: linking to external web pages, and the consequences of doing so, is at the risk of the interested parties concerned. Aureus cannot be held liable for the information or the correctness and effect of these external pages.
- No information, images, photos, announcements or other digital forms of information published via these internet pages may be distributed, published, re-written or reproduced without express written permission from Aureus.
- Page 1 of 213. All intellectual property rights are expressly reserved. The user must expressly state that all information and data provided are and will remain the property of Aureus, and undertakes to make no changes of any kind to said information and data.
- Aureus cannot be held responsible for any decisions or actions taken by the user on the basis of the information or data provided; neither is Aureus responsible for errors or mistakes. Users and third parties cannot hold Aureus responsible for any possible direct, indirect or one-off damage, loss of profit, loss of opportunity, or any other kind of damage caused by negligence or omission regarding providing, compiling, editing, writing, interpreting, announcing and distributing information or data by means of this service, even if Aureus has been warned of the risk of such damage.
- Aureus compiles personal information relating to the registration of members in what is referred to as “My Aureus”, and from people visiting the Aureus website to sign up for commercial or non-commercial campaigns and activities. Potential members must fill in their own personal details in My Aureus before becoming a full member of Aureus. They will be sent an automatic e-mail to this effect after having paid the membership fee. The e-mail contains a hyperlink to the relevant form in My Aureus.
Aureus may use information obtained during registration in My Aureus and via participation in activities and campaigns for marketing purposes and for dispatching digital and physical mailings to Aureus members. If a user does not want his or her personal details to be used in this way, he or she should notify Aureus of this in writing.
- Aureus respects the privacy of all website users and will ensure that all personal information supplied to Aureus will be treated confidentially. All information passed to Aureus is stored in a database. Personal details are handled with great care.
- This website has been optimized for use with Internet Explorer and Firefox with screen resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels.
- Aureus reserves the right to amend this disclaimer at all times. Aureus expressly reserves the right to publish, amend or remove information on or from this website at all times, without prior consultation, and with or without prior notification. Users are advised to read the disclaimer regularly and take note of any changes.
© F.J. Van Eeckhoutte, IT/IE lawyer, Amersfoort, www.vaneeckhoutteadvocaten.nl